Personal influence is your greatest business and life asset in the digital age. I’ll teach you how to grow it and give you some motivation, coaching, and support along the way!
Hi I’m Steph Sammons.
I’m a Gen X digital entrepreneur, #1 Amazon best-selling author, digital business and marketing strategist, motivational coach, singer-songwriter ♬, and a Texas gal.
Do you feel called to inspire and help others through your knowledge, insights, or creations? Do you have a strong desire to share your ideas on a digital stage and attract a loyal following? Do you want to become more influential and have a greater impact with your work?
If so, you are in the right place!
My mission is to help YOU discover the levers that will unlock the power of your personal influence in the digital age.
Here’s why I am so passionate about the power of influence today…when you build your influence on a digital stage:
- You will attract the right people, opportunities, and resources into your life
- You will be viewed as the credible, trusted, go-to authority in your niche
- You will have a greater impact and increase your income potential
- You won’t have to overtly market or sell
- You will create long-term equity in your business
I’m a corporate renegade turned ‘digital’ entrepreneur, which means that today I work remotely and deliver my consulting, coaching, and programs virtually.
Before I became a digital entrepreneur in 2009, I climbed the corporate ladder for 15 years in the financial and wealth management industry. That is, until I walked away from it all in 2009 at the age of 40.
Not only did my career path end come to an end (the writing was on the wall), but I never really fit in no matter how hard I tried. I was a non-conformist, creative gal stuck in a rigid and traditional corporate environment.
My corporate career ending was the best thing that ever happened to me. As a digital entrepreneur, I was free to create, dream, work on any projects I wanted to, and design my work around my life. I could actually define success on my own terms. This realization was both liberating and life-changing for me.
My other big breakthrough after recovering from my career change was remembering (and believing) that I still had influence. And thus began my journey toward rebuilding it as an entrepreneur.
Since leaving the corporate world and becoming a digital entrepreneur, I’ve embarked on numerous entrepreneurial projects:
I wrote and recorded my first ever music EP as a singer-songwriter. I purchased a nutritional products company, converted it to an eCommerce store, restored it to profitability and sold it. I started a web design, marketing, and hosting firm in the financial industry (which I still own).
I’ve also consulted with entrepreneurs, small companies, and even a few large institutions on digital marketing strategy and constructed complex digital platforms and funnels.
And last fall, I wrote and published my first book, Linked to Influence, which became a #1 best-seller on Amazon in multiple entrepreneur and small business categories.
Today I see so many existing and aspiring entrepreneurs struggling in some of the same ways that I did.
Maybe you’re still in a miserable career and you want out. Maybe you’ve been laid off and don’t know what to do next. Maybe you’ve already started your own digital business and want to get to the next level. Maybe the business you started really isn’t working and you know you need to pivot. Maybe you need to go and grow ‘digital’ with your business and you’re not sure exactly how to do that.
I’ve been in each one of these business situations.
Perhaps you also struggle with gaining clarity on where you’re going, believing you have what it takes, getting unstuck, defeating distraction and overwhelm, staying ahead of the curve, letting go of what people think of you, overcoming your fears, finding support around you, or just staying positive.
These are all ‘motivation and mindset’ obstacles I’ve struggled with as well.
You can think of me as both a digital business and marketing strategist AND a motivational coach. I strongly believe that personal growth is the foundation of business growth!
Here is the truth. You have influence. You have a unique story to tell, a message to share, experiences, talents, and skills that can help, inspire, and empower others. You also have access to more people, information, education, tools, and resources than ever before.
The advantage you have today is that you can build your influence on a ‘digital’ stage! Think of it as influence without limits.
By intentionally and strategically growing your influence, you can create, build, and achieve anything you want to in today’s digital age.
Your influence is now your greatest business and life asset. Believe it. Own it. Unleash it. Grow it.
The Personal Side
My goal in sharing the information below with you is so that we can get to know each other a little better! I want you to know more about me than what a typical ‘About’ page might entail.
You should also know that this part of my ‘About’ page has created more connections and opportunities than I could have ever imagined. It has proved to me that being your authentic self online is the only way to be. Authenticity is influential. Remember that!
First, this is how those who are close to me describe me: fierce, passionate, intense, intelligent, creative, kind, caring, thoughtful, introverted, forgiving, funny, driven, competitive, deep, practical, optimistic…and of course we have the not so good…impulsive, distracted (well, ok, if it’s not interesting to me sure), repetitive, sensitive.
Here are a few additional personal tidbits:
- I grew up in Plano, Texas and graduated in the top 10% of my class of 1500 students. I was an All-District point guard, honors student, and the high school mascot (I wore a wildcat suit and acted like a crazy animal at football games)
- I played college basketball (5’3″ Point Guard, Division I and II) and was a member of the Kappa Kappa Gamma Sorority at the University of Oklahoma (Go Sooners!)
- My college degree is a BBA in Economics – I’m a few hours shy of an MBA that I never completed
- I was a financial advisor and wealth manager for 15 years at Merrill Lynch (10 years) and UBS (5 years). I also served in corporate leadership roles at both firms.
- I’m a left and right brain person: I love business, technology and finance, but I also play guitar, write lyrics and music, and enjoy cooking, coloring, and painting
- I’m passionate about personal growth in all areas of my life and love to integrate what I learn into my teaching
- I was a high school business/economics teacher and girls’ basketball coach my first two years out of college
- I’m a singer-songwriter and play acoustic guitar (I primarily play a Gibson Hummingbird)
- I practice hot yoga 5-6 times a week and can hang out in a handstand for awhile
- I LOVE the Dallas Cowboys, a nice grass-fed Texas steak, and I wear cowgirl boots frequently
- I have a Chihuahua (Sugar Bear) and an Aussie mix (Sadie) – (Sugar Bear is the boss without question)
- I’m married to my partner of 10 years and a stepmom to two awesome teenage boys whom she adopted from Russia
- I was officially diagnosed with severe ADHD At 43 (somehow I’ve been able to manage this but it has not been easy at times)
- I’m very physically fit and in addition to practicing yoga I also enjoy snowboarding, cycling, running, hiking, and golf
- I love new experiences – people, travel, learning, adventures
- I’m into health, nutrition, and neuroscience given that I’ve been a lifelong athlete and my parents have owned a health store for 20+ years
- I’m a wine enthusiast and passionate about the art of science of winemaking (red wine is good for you, right? ;))
I’ve been writing and recording music as a singer-songwriter since 2010. You can check out a few of my original tunes: follow my music on Facebook.