I’m Stephanie Sammons. I’m a corporate renegade turned entrepreneur. I’m also a best-selling author, speaker, online teacher, consultant, and a singer-songwriter.
I help entrepreneurs grow their personal influence, impact, and income in the digital age.
YOU the Influencer™
Personal influence is the most powerful business and marketing asset you have today.
Building greater personal influence in the digital age starts with creating a personal brand. YOU are the differentiator. Not your company, your logo, or your products and services.
I’m a huge believer in showing your true, authentic self in digital form, just as you would in the physical world. It erases what I call the ‘digital barrier’ and opens the door to trust.
No matter what kind of business you have, it is that magical blend of your authentic personality, passion, perspective, expertise, experience, and network that set you apart.
These things collectively make up your Personal Influence Advantage™.
When you build a personalized business around your Personal Influence Advantage™, the people you resonate with are going to follow you, talk about you, refer you to their friends, and ultimately hire you.
The greater your personal influence, the greater your impact and potential income.
A Trust-Based Marketing Strategy
Having a personalized brand is critical to growing your influence in the digital age, but it’s still not enough.
Plenty of people are building personalized brands today. But many are not focused enough on building trust. They are relying on short-term tactics and just aren’t thinking strategically.
Random tactics lead to random results. Random tactics also don’t build trust.
On the other hand, developing a digital marketing strategy with trust as your compass makes it much easier to know which tactics to leverage.
You can’t influence someone until they trust you. Trust leads to trusted relationships, which are the lifeline of your business. Relationships are the equity of any business.
When you combine your Personal Influence Advantage™ with a Trust-based marketing strategy, you’ve got a powerful foundation for long-term success.
I understand first hand what it takes to build personal influence in the digital age.
In 2009, I parted ways with my 15-year financial services career at the age of 40. I had to start from zero and completely reinvent myself. In climbing that corporate ladder, I just kept falling short. It was time to make a change.
Fortunately, I knew a lot about building personal influence and trusted relationships from my financial services career. I learned how to apply these same strategies to my digital platform.
I’ve been teaching my process of building influence and trust in the digital age to other entrepreneurs ever since I left the corporate rat race.
For as long as I can remember, I’ve been passionate about leading and influencing others. I’ve always been the gal who took on challenges and leadership roles beginning at a very young age.
There were a few pivotal moments in my personal and work life where I believed (falsely) that I was not deserving or worthy of being influential. I had allowed myself to be trapped by the expectations of others and I was in fear of being true to myself.
These experiences were debilitating at the time, but ultimately they shaped my character and made me a much more resilient person. These experiences also ignited my passion for teaching the power of personal influence.
Don’t ever let anyone limit your belief in yourself. You are capable of accomplishing greatness. Have the courage to live your life and do the work that is true to who you are.
Authenticity is the path to having a greater impact, inspiring others, and making a difference.
Meaningful Achievement vs Success
Through my experience of reinvention, I also came to view success in a much different light. I prefer meaningful achievement over success. Let me explain.
Many of the clients I had worked with during my corporate career were wealthy. However, a good number of them were not happy. There were stressed out, in poor health, or had broken marriages or families.
One of my wealthier clients dropped dead at 52.
This collective client relationship experience had a profound impact on me. I remember thinking to myself “this is not what success is about”.
I learned that true success means also having balance in your life. It’s not just about money and milestones. Meaningful achievement is also about having abundance in life. It’s much more valuable than the typical view of success. You need time for personal growth, exercise, family, friends, travel, hobbies, interests, and experiences that can make you better person.
Today, I focus on striving for meaningful achievement! It’s a much more enjoyable journey.
My Best Selling Book
I published my first business book in the fall of 2015 titled Linked to Influence, 7 Powerful Rules for Becoming a Top Influencer in Your Market and Attracting Your Ideal Clients on LinkedIn. My book became a #1 Amazon Best Seller in multiple Entrepreneurship and Small Business categories.
LinkedIn is the one of the most powerful platforms for building your influence and attracting your ideal clients or customers. My book shows you how, step-by-step.
I've written extensively on the topic of LinkedIn marketing and business for entrepreneurs. I've also been a speaker on the topic of LinkedIn at Social Media Marketing World, Social Media Success Summit, New Media Expo, Agents of Change, FinCon, and Podcast Movement.
LinkedIn named me to their Top 25 Social Media Experts and Top 30 Marketing Thought Leader lists.
Get a FREE excerpt from my #1 best selling book:
The Personal Side
My goal in sharing the information below with you is to 'let you in'. I want you to know more about me than what the typical 'About' page might tell you.
You should also know that this part of my 'About' page has created more connections and opportunities than I could have ever imagined. It has proved to me that being your authentic self online is the only way to be. You should try it with your own 'About' page. Be YOU.
When I asked my closest friends, colleagues, and coaches what words they would use to describe me, these were the most common: fierce, funny, intense, thoughtful, kind, competitive, driven, creative, caring, practical, optimistic...and sometimes a 'pain in the ass'. What can I say? 🙂
Here are some personal tidbits about me that you may not know:
- I grew up in Plano, Texas and graduated in the top 10% of my class of 1500 students. I was an All-District point guard, honors student, and the high school mascot (I wore a wildcat suit and acted crazy at football games!)
- I played college basketball (5’3″ Point Guard, Division I and II) and was a member of the Kappa Kappa Gamma Sorority at the University of Oklahoma (Go Sooners!)
- My college degree is a BBA in Economics
- I was a financial advisor and wealth manager for 15 years at Merrill Lynch and UBS. I also served in corporate leadership roles at both firms.
- I'm a left and right brain person: I love business, technology and finance, but I also play guitar and enjoy art. (My younger sister is an artist and she is teaching me how to paint)
- I'm passionate about personal growth in all areas of my life and love to integrate what I learn into my teaching
- I was a high school business/economics teacher and girls' basketball coach my first two years out of college
- I'm a newlywed to my partner of 10 years and a stepmom to two awesome teenage boys adopted from Russia
- I’m a singer-songwriter and play acoustic guitar (I have a Baxendale custom, Gibson Hummingbird, Gretsch, and Fender Telecaster)
- I practice hot yoga regularly and can hang out in a handstand for a good while
- I LOVE the Dallas Cowboys, a good grass-fed steak, and wear cowgirl boots frequently
- I have a Chihuahua (Sugar Bear) and an Aussie mix (Sadie) - (Sugar Bear is in charge without question)
- I was diagnosed with ADHD at 44 (this really explained a lot about my life)
- I'm a snowboarder and I also love hiking in the mountains
- I enjoy travel, adventure, and new learning experiences
- I'm into health, nutrition, and neuroscience - my parents have also owned a health store for 20+ years
- I'm a wine enthusiast and passionate about the art of winemaking
I've been writing and recording music as a singer-songwriter for over a decade. You can check out a few of my original tunes and follow my music on Facebook.