Welcome! I’m Stephanie Sammons.
I’m part online business and marketing strategist, part teacher, part creative thinker, part life coach, part writer, and part technology whiz all rolled into one!
I teach entrepreneurs how to grow their digital influence, impact, and income. I also share valuable insights and lessons learned from the common struggles we share as entrepreneurs working to build our businesses in the age of digital, social, and mobile connection.
Building a magnetic personal brand, attracting your ideal clients, and growing your business as an entrepreneur today is a process.
I call this process building digital influence™.
Building digital influence is a personalized, trust-based approach to marketing and selling that can help you stand out, build a trusted network of followers, and monetize your expertise in new ways.
I began developing my build digital influence™ system in 2009 after I left my financial services career of 15 years and started over as a ‘digital’ entrepreneur at age 40.
At that time, I had plenty of expertise and experience, but no online recognition, content, followers, or clients to speak of. I started from scratch.
The steps I followed to build my six-figure recurring revenue business became the guiding principles for my build digital influence™ system.
For the last five years, I’ve worked personally with more than 100 entrepreneurs to help them build, manage, and grow their digital ‘influence’ platforms.
Digital Platform + Digital Strategy
What I’ve learned in my work with entrepreneurs is that there are TWO critical components you need to have in place in order to successfully build your digital influence:
1)A Core Digital Platform that is Professional and Reliable
Do you ever feel overwhelmed by all of the digital tools that are available on the market today? There are literally hundreds of offerings for every aspect of your online business and marketing platform. How do you choose?
I am a huge advocate of utilizing ‘best in class’ digital tools that don’t cost you a fortune and work together seamlessly to accomplish your goals. I’ve been building digital ‘influence’ platforms for entrepreneurs for over five years. If you’ve heard of it, I’ve probably tried it out.
Your digital platform (and tools) should be designed to consistently enhance your reputation, reinforce your message, and build your following.
2)A Core Digital Strategy that Systematically Grows Your Influence
Random tactics lead to random results. The only cure for digital distraction is to create and implement a systematic strategy.
Once you are crystal clear on your purpose and the people you serve, you can craft a digital content strategy that is designed to grow your influence and your business on autopilot.
Building your digital influence is simple in theory, but it’s not as easy to implement. It takes planning, dedication, discipline, and most of all, a lot of patience.
However, I believe it’s the only way to build an online brand and business that is reputable and sustainable in today’s digital age.
The more influence you accumulate, the more trust you will earn. And the more people can trust you, the more willing they are to buy from you!
When you build your digital influence, you will naturally attract the right people and opportunities into your business…and your life :).
Get Linked to Influence
Recently I published my first business book titled Linked to Influence, 7 Powerful Rules for Becoming a Top Influencer in Your Market and Attracting Your Ideal Clients on LinkedIn. The book has become a #1 Amazon Best Seller in Entrepreneurship and Small Business books.
LinkedIn is the one of the most powerful platforms for building your influence and attracting your ideal clients or customers. My book shows you how, step-by-step.
I've written extensively on the topic of LinkedIn marketing and business for entrepreneurs. I've also been a speaker on the topic of LinkedIn at Social Media Marketing World, Social Media Success Summit, New Media Expo, Agents of Change, FinCon, and Podcast Movement.
Get my FREE Excerpt from my #1 Best Selling Book, Linked to Influence:
The Personal Side
When I asked my closest friends, colleagues, and coaches what words they would use to describe me, these were the most common: fierce, funny, intense, thoughtful, kind, competitive, driven, creative, caring, practical, optimistic...and sometimes 'pain in the ass'. What can I say?
Here are some personal tidbits about me that you may not know:
- I grew up in Plano, Texas and graduated in the top 10% of my class of 1500 students. I was an All-District point guard, honors student, and the high school mascot (I wore a wildcat suit and acted crazy at football games!)
- I played college basketball (5’4″ Point Guard, Division I and II) and was a member of the Kappa Kappa Gamma Sorority at the University of Oklahoma (Go Sooners!)
- My college degree is a BBA in Economics
- I'm a Certified Financial Planner™, investor, and professionally managed $1M+ client investment portfolios for 15 years
- I'm a left and right brain person: I love business, technology and finance, but I'm also a musician and occasional artist. (My awesome artist sister is teaching me how to paint)
- I'm passionate about personal growth in all areas of my life and love to integrate what I learn into my teaching
- I was a high school business/economics teacher and basketball coach my first two years out of college
- My partner and I have been together 9 years and I’m a stepmom to two amazing boys adopted from Russia (Nicholas is 15 and Benjamin is 13)
- I’m a singer-songwriter, recording musician, and a mean "rhythm" guitar player (my 25 year old Gibson Hummingbird is my all-time fav)
- I practice hot yoga daily and can hang out in a handstand for a good while
- I LOVE the Dallas Cowboys and wearing my cowgirl boots
- I have a Chihuahua (Sugar Bear) and an Aussie mix (Sadie) - Sugar Bear is in charge
- I was diagnosed with ADHD at 44 (this explained a lot about my life!)
- I'm a snowboarder and love hiking in the mountains
- I enjoy travel, adventure, and new experiences
- I'm a health nut and love green juices
- I'm a wine enthusiast and passionate about the art of winemaking (I know, sort of a contrast to the prior 'health nut' bullet!)
I've played acoustic guitar since college and am mostly self-taught. I've been writing and recording music as a singer-songwriter for over a decade. You can check out a few of my original tunes HERE.