I’m Stephanie Sammons. I’m a corporate renegade turned entrepreneur.
I teach entrepreneurs and professionals how to build greater influence and attract their ideal clients in the digital age.
Personal influence is the most powerful business and marketing asset you have today. Your most competitive advantage is YOU!
You can’t build influence without a personal brand. An authentic personal brand that showcases who you are, who you help, and how you help develops trust and connection with your ideal clients.
I understand first hand what it takes to build your influence in the digital age, brick by brick. I had to completely reinvent myself after leaving a 15-year corporate career in 2009 at the age of 40.
The outcome? Personal influence translates into valuable business equity that grows over time. The more influential you become, the more impact you can have and income you can earn.
Over the last six years while building my own influence, I’ve worked with hundreds of entrepreneurs and professionals to help them do the same.
My clients include consultants, coaches, financial advisors, attorneys, and other professionals who depend on their reputation, relationships, referrals, and raving fans for business growth.
When I’m not working, I’m practicing hot yoga, writing books or songs, reading, traveling, and just experiencing life! I’m also a singer-songwriter, acoustic guitar player, snowboarder, hiker, wine enthusiast, investor, and a lifelong Dallas Cowboys fan. (scroll down to learn more of my personal tidbits!)
For as long as I can remember, I’ve been passionate about leadership and influence as the path toward meaningful achievement.
I was the gal who always took on the leadership roles in life. I wanted to be influential. I wanted to have an impact, inspire, and lead others.
There came a time in my young adult life that I no longer believed that I was capable of being influential. I didn’t think I was worthy. But ultimately, my desire to lead and make a difference helped me overcome these personal struggles I endured.
Before I became an entrepreneur in 2009, I was in wealth management and corporate leadership roles for 15 years at global financial services firms.
The end of my corporate career was quite a painful experience. The writing was on the wall. At the age of 40, I was forced to walk away from everything I had achieved in trying to climb the corporate ladder.
I definitely lost my mojo for awhile. Eventually I had to pick myself up, and start all over again from scratch. It was scary and difficult. It took a lot of courage (my most favorite word ever) to get back out there and believe in myself again.
Now, I consider myself a corporate renegade. I did reinvent myself. I became an entrepreneur and took control of my career. The fear has never left me. I’ve just learned how to manage it better.
As an entrepreneur I launched a personal ‘digital’ brand and have focused on the slow and steady process of building my influence on a digital stage.
This influence-building stuff works, which is why I am so passionate about teaching it!
The path of personal influence forces you to be your authentic self. Like magic, your influence is a magnet that attracts the right people and opportunities into your life and your business.
Through my experience of reinvention, I also came to view success in a much different light. I prefer meaningful achievement over success. Let me explain.
Many of the clients I had worked with during my corporate career were wealthy. However, a good number of them were not happy. There were stressed out, in poor health, or had broken marriages or families.
One of my wealthier clients dropped dead at 52.
This collective client relationship experience had a profound impact on me. I remember thinking to myself “this is not what success is about”.
I learned that true success means also having balance in your life. It’s not just about money and milestones. Meaningful achievement is also about having abundance in life. It’s much more valuable than the typical view of success. You need time for personal growth, exercise, family, friends, travel, hobbies, interests, and experiences that can make you better person.
Today, I focus on striving for meaningful achievement! It’s a much more enjoyable journey.
My Best Selling Book
I published my first business book in the fall of 2015 titled Linked to Influence, 7 Powerful Rules for Becoming a Top Influencer in Your Market and Attracting Your Ideal Clients on LinkedIn. My book became a #1 Amazon Best Seller in multiple Entrepreneurship and Small Business categories.
LinkedIn is the one of the most powerful platforms for building your influence and attracting your ideal clients or customers. My book shows you how, step-by-step.
I've written extensively on the topic of LinkedIn marketing and business for entrepreneurs. I've also been a speaker on the topic of LinkedIn at Social Media Marketing World, Social Media Success Summit, New Media Expo, Agents of Change, FinCon, and Podcast Movement.
LinkedIn named me to their Top 25 Social Media Experts and Top 30 Marketing Thought Leader lists.
Get a FREE excerpt from my #1 best selling book:
The Personal Side
My goal in sharing the information below with you is to 'let you in'. I want you to know more about me than what the typical 'About' page might tell you.
You should also know that this part of my 'About' page has created more connections and opportunities than I could have ever imagined. It has proved to me that being your authentic self online is the only way to be. You should try it with your own 'About' page. Be YOU.
When I asked my closest friends, colleagues, and coaches what words they would use to describe me, these were the most common: fierce, funny, intense, thoughtful, kind, competitive, driven, creative, caring, practical, optimistic...and sometimes a 'pain in the ass'. What can I say?
Here are some personal tidbits about me that you may not know:
- I grew up in Plano, Texas and graduated in the top 10% of my class of 1500 students. I was an All-District point guard, honors student, and the high school mascot (I wore a wildcat suit and acted crazy at football games!)
- I played college basketball (5’3″ Point Guard, Division I and II) and was a member of the Kappa Kappa Gamma Sorority at the University of Oklahoma (Go Sooners!)
- My college degree is a BBA in Economics
- I was a financial advisor and wealth manager for 15 years at Merrill Lynch and UBS. I also served in corporate leadership roles at both firms.
- I'm a left and right brain person: I love business, technology and finance, but I also play guitar and enjoy art. (My younger sister is an artist and she is teaching me how to paint)
- I'm passionate about personal growth in all areas of my life and love to integrate what I learn into my teaching
- I was a high school business/economics teacher and girls' basketball coach my first two years out of college
- I'm a newlywed to my partner of 10 years and a stepmom to two awesome teenage boys adopted from Russia
- I’m a singer-songwriter and play acoustic guitar (I have a Baxendale custom, Gibson Hummingbird, Gretsch, and Fender Telecaster)
- I practice hot yoga regularly and can hang out in a handstand for a good while
- I LOVE the Dallas Cowboys, a good grass-fed steak, and wear cowgirl boots frequently
- I have a Chihuahua (Sugar Bear) and an Aussie mix (Sadie) - (Sugar Bear is in charge without question)
- I was diagnosed with ADHD at 44 (this really explained a lot about my life)
- I'm a snowboarder and I also love hiking in the mountains
- I enjoy travel, adventure, and new learning experiences
- I'm into health, nutrition, and neuroscience - my parents have also owned a health store for 20+ years
- I'm a wine enthusiast and passionate about the art of winemaking
I've been writing and recording music as a singer-songwriter for over a decade. You can check out a few of my original tunes and follow my music on Facebook.