You’re excited about the incredible opportunity you have today to grow your business online…
but it seems so overwhelming!
You need someone who can help you bridge the gap between the overwhelm and the opportunity.
That’s where I come in!
Hi! I’m Stephanie. I’m a digital business and marketing growth strategist for entrepreneurs. I help my clients and community members monetize their expertise online through strategic personal branding, business, and marketing guidance.
Over the last five years as a digital entrepreneur, I’ve consulted with more than 100 entrepreneurs to help them develop their unique personal digital brands, businesses, and marketing platforms.
Whether you are looking to grow an existing business, launch a second career, or start a brand new venture based on your unique expertise, I can help you bridge the gap between the overwhelm…and the opportunity.
For most of my career, I’ve been teaching and coaching entrepreneurs on how to leverage their strengths to grow their businesses.
Prior to launching my own digital teaching and consulting business, I spent fifteen years building a financial advisory practice and serving in leadership roles for Merrill Lynch and UBS.
My journey hasn’t been easy. I’ve had lots of bumps (and awakenings) along the way, but I would never trade the freedom I have today for anything in the world!
Coming from an entrepreneurial family, I guess my transition was inevitable. My Dad started his current business at age 50 (after selling his first company) and is still wildly successful at age 70…with no signs of slowing down!
A Personal Brand is the Only Job Security
One thing I can tell you for sure is that you can’t count on job security or financial security any longer when you work for someone else. I spent a good 8-10 years of my career climbing a ladder that had no rung at the top! If anyone knows how important it is to take control of your work life destiny, it’s me.
With over 40% of us becoming self-employed by the year 2020, there has never been a better time to build your own personal brand and business. Why? This is a once-in-a-lifetime window of opportunity to take your expertise and leverage the power of the internet, social networks, and smart devices to spread it.
Your personal brand is literally the gateway to your business success in the digital age. To overcome today’s digital barrier, it is your personality, passion and perspective that will earn the trust of your ideal clients and customers.
Business is personal. People do business with people.
You can start your learning right here on my website where you will find educational content, resources and tools that can help you.
I share insights on personal branding, digital platform creation and optimization, content development and marketing strategies, building online influence, mastering the art of “social” networking, creating online programs and services around your expertise, and much more.
My favorite social network and perhaps the greatest untapped opportunity for entrepreneurs is LinkedIn. LinkedIn provides a powerful platform for positioning yourself as a thought leader, building your network, serving your network, and attracting ideal opportunities to your business.
I’ve written extensively on the topic of LinkedIn marketing and have also been a speaker on LinkedIn at Social Media Marketing World, New Media Expo, Agents of Change, FinCon, and Podcast Movement!
My new book, Build LinkedIn Influence, is due out summer of 2015.
You can get my FREE LinkedIn Influence Strategy Guide Here:
The Personal Side
If I’m asking you to build your personal digital brand, it’s important for me to share with you more about who I am!
First, my closest friends, colleagues, and coaches describe me as the following (in no particular order): smart, caring, driven, thoughtful, funny, fierce, creative, intense, enthusiastic, sensitive, competitive, practical, optimistic
I guess they are being nice not sharing the things about me that drive them crazy! I’ll tell you though. I’m super hard on myself (a recovering perfectionist), completely overthink everything, and have trouble getting out of my own way. I’m also ADHD (I guess that probably explains everything)!
Here are some additional tidbits about me that you may not know:
- I grew up in Plano, Texas and graduated in the top 10% of my class of 1500 students. I was an All-District point guard, honors student, and the high school mascot (I wore a wildcat suit and acted crazy at football games!)
- I played college basketball (5’4″ Point Guard, Division I and II) and was a member of the Kappa Kappa Gamma Sorority at the University of Oklahoma (Go Sooners!)
- My college degree is a BBA in Economics and I’ve completed about 3/4 of an MBA (frankly, entrepreneurship was more exciting!)
- I’m a Certified Financial Planner™ and managed money for clients for 15 years
- I was a high school business/economics teacher my first 2 years out of college
- I’m a stepmom to two awesome and handsome boys who were adopted from Russia! (ages 12 and 15)
- I’m a singer-songwriter, recording musician, and a mean “rhythm” guitar player (Gibson Hummingbird, Gretsch, Fender Telecaster)
- I practice hot yoga 5-6 days a week and can do most arm-balancing poses and hang out in a handstand for a good while!
- I LOVE the Dallas Cowboys and love to wear my cowgirl boots
- I enjoy cooking – especially on our outdoor grill
- I have a Chihuahua named Sugar Bear and an Australian Shepherd mix (rescue dog) named Sadie (Sugar Bear is in charge)
- I love the mountains and enjoy hiking, snowboarding, and mountain biking
- I enjoy travel and adventure – I went on a group adventure trip by myself in my early 30’s
- I’m an avid reader and life-long learner…audiobooks rock – I listen to them constantly
- I’m a wine enthusiast! (Big fan of California Red Blends and Willamette Valley Pinot Noir)
Connect with me on any of these social networks and tell me more about you:
I enjoy meeting interesting and passionate people from all walks of life. Please feel free to follow and connect with me on LinkedIn, Twitter, and/or Facebook. (If you send me an invite to connect on LinkedIn, please mention how you found me and why you’d like to connect as I don’t accept all invitations)
I’ve been a songwriter and recording musician for over a decade. You can check out a few of my tunes HERE.