As the founder of Digital Influence Academy™, I teach entrepreneurs who are professional advisors, consultants, and coaches how to grow their digital leadership and influence, win clients and customers online, and achieve their goals in the digital age.
Growing your digital influence in a way that cultivates authentic relationships is a commitment and a process. It takes courage, hustle, and heart to be your best authentic self and show up consistently on that digital stage!
I know from personal experience the challenges that go along with building your digital leadership and influence. After leaving my 15 year financial services career in 2009, I had to figure it out for myself when I started over as an entrepreneur.
If your business depends on your reputation, relationships, and referrals, building your digital influence is essential to the future of your professional existence.
Your prospective (and existing) clients and customers desperately need YOU to lead them in today’s noisy, overwhelming, digital world!
Over the past 5+ years, I’ve helped more than 100 professional advisors, consultants and coaches grow their digital leadership and influence.
Get Linked to Influence on LinkedIn
My new book, “Linked to Influence”, is coming September 2015. LinkedIn is the one of the most powerful platforms for building your digital leadership and influence. My book shows you how to do it, step-by-step.
I’ve written extensively on the topic of LinkedIn marketing for professional advisors, consultants, and coaches. I have also been a speaker on the topic of LinkedIn at Social Media Marketing World, Social Media Success Summit, New Media Expo, Agents of Change, FinCon, and the Podcast Movement conferences.
Get my FREE LinkedIn Influence Strategy Guide:
The Personal Side
If I’m asking you to be your best authentic self online, it’s important for me to share more of who I am with you!
First, my closest friends, colleagues, and coaches describe me as the following: competitive, caring, driven, thoughtful, funny, fierce, creative, persistent, intense, enthusiastic, sensitive, practical, optimistic
I guess they are being nice not sharing the things about me that drive them crazy. I’ll tell you though. I’m super hard on myself (a recovering perfectionist), completely overthink everything, and have trouble getting out of my own way. I’m also ADHD so I guess that probably explains everything.
Here are some personal tidbits about me that you may not know:
- I grew up in Plano, Texas and graduated in the top 10% of my class of 1500 students. I was an All-District point guard, honors student, and the high school mascot (I wore a wildcat suit and acted crazy at football games!)
- I played college basketball (5’4″ Point Guard, Division I and II) and was a member of the Kappa Kappa Gamma Sorority at the University of Oklahoma (Go Sooners!)
- My college degree is a BBA in Economics
- I’m a Certified Financial Planner™, investor, and professionally managed $1M+ client investment portfolios for 15 years
- I was a high school business/economics teacher and basketball coach my first two years out of college
- I’m a Stepmom to two awesome boys who were adopted from Russia! (ages 12 and 15)
- I’m a singer-songwriter, recording musician, and a mean “rhythm” guitar player (my 25 year old Gibson Hummingbird and Gretsch guitars are my current favs)
- I’m passionate about personal growth in all areas of my life and love to integrate what I learn into my teaching
- I practice hot yoga daily and can hang out in a handstand for a good while
- I LOVE the Dallas Cowboys and wearing my cowgirl boots
- I have a Chihuahua (Sugar Bear) and an Aussie mix (Sadie) – Sugar Bear is in charge
- I’m a snowboarder and love hiking in the mountains as well
- I enjoy travel, adventure, and new experiences (I went on a challenging adventure trip by myself in my early 30’s)
- I’m a health nut and live on green juices
- I’m a wine enthusiast and passionate about the art of winemaking
I’ve played acoustic guitar since college. I’ve been writing and recording music as a singer-songwriter for over a decade. You can check out a few of my tunes HERE.